Monday 25 November 2013

Friendships that last a lifetime


I set off last friday, for the first time ever, on my own. A whole 3 days without the little people.
The day before I left was manic, starting with two phone calls from the school before 9:15am. One with a neck injury and the other "a sharp pain above his right eye."
The rugby-induced neck injury amounted to soft tissue damaged (thanks be to God!) and the sore eye, well... lets just say, Jimmy had an RDO.



So Friday morning couldn't come soon enough. I wished hubby good luck at 5:30am, and with a twinkle in my eye, I set off for Brisvagas.





 It's been almost three years since I saw these beautiful girls and yet it only felt like days. It was the surprise party that kept on giving! It went for three days and the exhaustion I feel today is indescribable. A lot of laughs, a lot of shopping, a lot of tears and maybe a few champagnes.

There is no distance too far between friends, for friendship gives wings to the heart. 


Until next time girls,
This joy-filled but weary traveller loves you,
Liv xo

ps: I have the BEST husband in the world. The house was spotless, the laundry was empty and the kids were tucked in bed. Thank you xoxo





2 comments:

  1. Makes me teary just reading the heading. We needed a weekend of special memories and moments such as this one. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. how lovely to have such good and enduring friendships - that photo of your boy is one that must of been terrifying and yes thank the Lord for the outcome.

    ReplyDelete