Thursday 8 August 2013

Home is where the heart is, a cliche with a lot of truth.



Struggling with my own thoughts today, I decided to look back at my week of photos for inspiration.  
At the time I took this photo, my only thought was that it was a pretty little corner, a happy space amongst the chaos, but tonight I saw something more. It's pieces of my heart, in my home.
The lamp was a wedding anniversary gift to ourselves.
The timber/ivory box was a gift from my treash.
The pottery vase belongs to my mum.
The camellias are from my sister's garden.
The crocheted rocks were a gift from my mother-in-law.
...and I'm sad it isn't in the frame, but the tiny bit of timber you see on the right is my dad's old engraved pencil box from his childhood, and it is filled with our family rosaries. 

Home truly is where the heart is.

With Love
Liv xo


2 comments: