Sunday 21 July 2013

Ladies Day


Yesterday it was 'Ladies Day' at our rugby club. The one day every year the boys play in pink and  serve up a free lunch and champers to all the ladies.
It was special yesterday because at 63, my dad put his boots back on and gave the field another crack. All nine grandchildren were there to cheer him on (and carry him off if the need arose, luckily it didn't!).
I'm not sure if it was nerves or excitement, but me and the chandon got acquainted fairly quickly and before I knew it we were best friends, bosom buddies even.
I'm not normally a drinker, in fact I'd take a bowl of ice-cream over wine any day but yesterday ice cream wasn't on offer.
It was the moment when a friend's mother looked at me sideways that I realised, perhaps I shouldn't have had that last one.
But hey, I'm a lady and it was my day.
So lovely to catch up with you girls and laugh ourselves senseless.
Dad, top game, you were definitely the star of the day and you made us all proud.

With Love
Liv xo



No comments:

Post a Comment