Thursday 6 June 2013

Dreaming...


http://www.unidentifiedlifestyle.com/2010/05/spring-rain-island.html
Image: Unidentified Lifestyle

  My youngest brother has just finished playing a season of rugby for Bologna, Italy, and today this massive box arrived in the post. 





Not full of Italian shoes for me or perfume for our mother, but full of his rugby gear and winter woollies.


     



 



Summer has just begun in Europe and Tom would be damned if he drags all of this around the isles in his budgie smugglers!
He has had a ball, you can read all about it here:
but he said it has been the coldest and bleakest winter of his life and now he is pumped for a European Summer.

Where would you like to be right now?

.....could be on this topic for a while, so take a seat:

In no particular order:
- I'd love to be at a grand Indian or Turkish Bizarre, being blown away by the colour, textures, smells and sounds of a distant culture.
- I'd love to been in Cinque Terre, Italy. Slamming a short black with my Hubby, soaking in the cobbled street atmosphere with the brightly coloured coastal backdrop, and perhaps even dragging on a cigarette ("...when in Rome...". it's close enough).
- I'd love to be in Ibiza (with a new body of course), sipping a cocktail and pretending to be 21 again. 
- I'd love to be in Rome. I'd love to see the history of my Church through art and acrhitecture. 
- I'd love to be in Canada, snuggled up in a chalet with my family, laughing, drinking, and planning the next days adventure.
- I'd love to be back in Japan, visiting relatives and just being witness to a respectful, graceful, beautiful, simple and clever race once again.

....but then again, I'm happy just being here. Living the family dream. Not everyone is fortunate enough to live that dream, so I'm just going to be thankful. 

I'm going to sign off now and put brush to canvas, all this talk about travelling has inspired a painting. 

With Love
Liv xo



2 comments:

  1. Seeing my parents are here visiting us at the moment it's hard to imagine being anywhere else ..... I guess I'd go for a trip to the big smoke right now just to get a bit of shopping on :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are living both dreams Sheridan, family and travel.
      Your kids will be so enriched by your African adventure. Witnessing poverty, suffering, simplicity, fortitude and the love that is born as a result of hardship will stick with them forever and shape them in to amazing adults.
      Hope you are having a lovely week with your folks xo

      Delete