Wednesday 15 May 2013

Mother's Day here in Australia.



Being a mum is the best thing in the world although it has its challenges. In fact I'd go so far as to say it is the hardest job in the world BAR NONE.
To be a mum you also have to be :
a cook, a chef, a cleaner, a teacher, a psychologist, a doctor, a swimming coach, a lover, a fighter, a mentor, a hairdresser, a singer, a friend, a dictionary, a party planner, a adjudicator and at times a pretend ballerina or motorcross addict......all of this whilst doing up soggy shoelaces (covered in who knows what), reciting your humble definition of a saber-tooth tiger, and mentally preparing yourself for a 2 hours grocery shop with a 2 year old.

But I wouldn't have it any other way.....well perhaps a weekly massage would help!

Mother's Day is special for mums all over the world, and mine was truly that this year.
Breakky, chocolates and a cuppa in bed, handmade gifts and love letters galore, lunch with the extended fam and a moment on my own to do what relaxes me the most...paint another canvas!

I hope you were all spoilt rotten too.
With love

Liv x
Hand painted candles from my son, 10 y .o
Chocies from my love. Well my 2 y.o. has been regifting for 4 days now "mum i have pezent for you" (hoping to score some I'm sure)

A kiss in a box from my little princess, 5 y.o

A bracelet from my son, 9 y.o
Japanese pottery from my love.


.....and a rare free moment to do what I love, uninterrupted!

No comments:

Post a Comment